As a Head Chef, you will effectively run and manage the kitchen service and team members, provide home-cooked, nutritious and appetising meals and snacks for residents while ensuring good food hygiene is maintained at all times and regulations, and working together as a team to create a happy and caring atmosphere.
Whether you are preparing and cooking a three course meal, discussing with residents what they would like to see on next week’s menu, doing a bread making activity session with residents, or carrying out a supervision with one of the kitchen team members, you will do so with Care, Comfort and Companionship at the heart of everything you do.
- Do you want to make a difference to someone's life and feel a sense of purpose in an extremely rewarding role?
- Are you an experienced Head Chef who is energetic and passionate about providing exceptional food?
- Do you enjoy producing delicious, home-cooked foods that look and taste good?
- Do you have effective leadership, delegation and prioritising skills and experience of leading a kitchen?
- Are you caring, warm and understanding?
- Are you spontaneous, patient, flexible and have a good sense of humour?
- Do you strongly believe in the values of Care, Comfort and Companionship?
If your answer is yes to all these questions, why not join our Hartford Care family?
Alongside great rates of pay as well as enhancements and paid breaks, other benefits also include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Access to Wagestream
- Free DBS and NMC PIN Costs reimbursed for Nurses
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Hartford Rewards - access to 100’s of discounts including major retail, travel and leisure companies
- 24/7 digital GP service
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Hartford Hero employee recognition & reward scheme
- Young workers (18+) are paid the same as those aged 25+
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend and Refer a Resident Scheme
- Learning, development, apprenticeship and career development opportunities
We are unable to accept applications that require sponsorship to work in the UK.
- A compassionate and caring nature
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Excellent communication skills and ability to use IT systems
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Ability to prepare, cook and present a variety of appetising and nutritious home-made meals
- An understanding of different diets and ability to cater for individuals with different dietary requirements
- A good understanding of ‘what good looks like’ in terms of the dining and food experience
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- A flexible approach to working hours
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.