As a General Assistant, you will work across various departments providing high quality care and support to residents, carrying out general housekeeping duties to ensure the home is kept clean and tidy, providing an efficient and effective laundry service for residents, providing support during mealtimes and assist residents as required, and working together as a team to create a happy and caring atmosphere.
Whether you are dusting a resident’s room and reminiscing with them about their previous job, cleaning a bathroom, preparing vegetables for a curry night, or ironing a resident’s favourite pair of trousers, you will do so with Care, Comfort and Companionship at the heart of everything you do.
- Do you want to make a difference to someone's life and feel a sense of purpose in an extremely rewarding role?
- Do you take pride in maintaining a tidy, safe and clean environment?
- Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for maintaining high standards of cleanliness?
- Do you enjoy being in a kitchen environment and assisting in producing delicious, home-cooked meals?
- Are you caring, warm and understanding?
- Are you spontaneous, patient, flexible and have a good sense of humour?
- Do you strongly believe in the values of Care, Comfort and Companionship?
If your answer is yes to all these questions, why not join our Hartford Care family?
Alongside great rates of pay as well as enhancements and paid breaks, other benefits also include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Access to Wagestream
- Free DBS and NMC PIN Costs reimbursed for Nurses
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Hartford Rewards - access to 100’s of discounts including major retail, travel and leisure companies
- 24/7 digital GP service
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Hartford Hero employee recognition & reward scheme
- Young workers (18+) are paid the same as those aged 25+
- Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend and Refer a Resident Scheme
- Learning, development, apprenticeship and career development opportunities
We are unable to accept applications that require sponsorship to work in the UK.
- A compassionate and caring nature
- Excellent communication skills and ability to use IT systems
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- A flexible approach to working hours
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.